Hi there friends,
As you might have noticed I am not posting as frequently as I once did on the blog. The truth is – it’s true, the posting is more sporadic than it was before. However, you might have also noticed that although the posts may be more sporadic or even infrequent, at times, they are also more thoughtful and in general, higher quality, than they have been previously.
I have a full-time job now that keeps me busy during the day and I do not always have the time to think of next blog posts nor do I always have the energy to do so. However, have no fear – to compensate for this, I have made a commitment to making sure that on the times I DO post, I will do my very best on making sure I provide you with the very BEST content I possibly can. This website is as much mine as it is yours – I want to give you the best information and thought-provoking content you could find.
In short, I write each post in a way that makes me PROUD to post it. I don’t want to post all the time and not really have anything important or helpful to say.
As a summary of what you can expect to find on this blog, now that things have been shifting a bit for me in terms of my own life and my own priorities…
What to expect:
- More thought-provoking content that relates to self-love, confidence, society, and psychology – one of my majors in college was psychology and it has always been one of my passions. I knew I would never do it as a career (I’m not the psychologist type of girl) but the passion is there, I love to learn and share the things I learn about psychology and how we, as human beings, interact, think, and behave. You can find more posts about topics related to this such as the post “Before you compliment someone, think about this first” and “When a compliment feels like a lie… and what to do about it.“
- Health and Wellness – Yes, this is not changing. The core of this blog is health and wellness and it will remain there still; I will however provide you guys with more comprehensive articles that you can refer back to in the future such as “The ultimate guide to surviving a 3-day juice cleanse.” Some notes: I have been working with a health coach for the past month and my newfound knowledge is different than what I’ve ever considered before. I am beginning to understand nutrition more than ever before and I am leaning toward more traditional real whole foods – traditional nourishment that is healthy in and of itself. Lots of fats. Little dairy. Less grains. And a lot less sugar. Nature is beautiful and I’m embracing it, finally.
- Healthy Recipes – You might have noticed there are less recipes and that’s because I am focusing on eating more simple food, that frankly is too simple for a recipe of its own. I will however be posting more recipes that are not sweet – more dinner, lunch, and breakfast recipes. Now that I am overcoming my sugar addiction along with the help of education and visualizations from the Gabriel Code, I am no longer feeling the need to eat sugar as much and therefore opt for more real foods throughout the day. I’m hoping that future recipes will reflect that. But do not worry, we all have splurges and plus, I like to bake for my friends and family, so you will still see delicious sweet recipes as well!
- Videos – I am so excited about this one. I will be doing interviews (first one coming this Friday!), coming out with a bi-weekly Tips video about fitness from my friend who is a personal trainer and group fitness instructor (PS. If you have any questions you’d like answered in terms of fitness, make sure to drop me a line and we will be sure to cover it!) Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay on top of it all (not all videos will be getting posted on the blog directly).
- HAPPY STUFF! Ways to relax, de-stress, be happy, healthy, free, mindful, and indulging in life that you deserve!
Opportunities for writers and fellow bloggers:
Now accepting guest posts:
I will be now accepting guest posts from bloggers and writers about topics outlined above. I will, however, need some qualifications before accepting any guest post to be published on Sensual Appeal and I do not guarantee that your submission will be accepted.
Guest Post Guidelines:
- You must be a good writer and show writing samples when emailing me.
- Be mindful of my audience and write in accord to the things that Sensual Appeal stands for and believes in. This shouldn’t be hard if you actually read the blog.
- GOOD articles – not your boring articles you can find anywhere online. I am committing to QUALITY for Sensual Appeal and that means I am looking for true quality in the guest articles – I want comprehensive articles, ones that are helpful to the reader and unique to this blog. I only accept original content. Here’s an example of a great guest article.
- For RECIPES: If you want to contribute a recipe, please write an introduction to it, it can be personal or about the recipe (disregard total word count), make sure to include high quality photos taken with a professional camera. Given that I am a highly visual person, and so is my audience, I put great photography at a high priority.
- Word count: 700+ words
- .doc or .docx format for articles
- Please attach images separately in the email but also show where you think they should go in the article.
- Send a headshot and a short bio to be included in ‘About Me’ section
Email me topic ideas or finished articles to email@example.com and I will make sure to get back to you within a couple of days with my response.
If your article is published, it means you did a great job and I enjoyed your article. I will be greatly appreciative for your help and I will promote your article to my entire audience throughout all social media channels and my email newsletter for maximum exposure.
So yeah, that will be all of the updates for now! Hope it wasn’t overwhelming