The New Year is almost here. Can you feel it? Have you wrapped your mind around it yet? Are you ready?
Many people set resolutions in the beginning of the new year since the beginning of a new year comes with the promise of a new beginning, new motivation, new YOU! Fitness is often the top priority in many peoples’ lists to improve on in the new year. It is on mine as well!
What are some ways I am planning on improving my fitness in the new year 2013?
- Exercise 4-5 days a week, every week. By this, I hope to say it will be a legit workout every time but even when I don’t feel like I can get a real workout in, I will do some sort of activity to get my body moving and the blood pumping and flowing freely. The month of December has been the slowest and laziest I’ve been all year and it’s time to take it back and focus on exercise once more.
- I will run/jog/walk at least once a week – cardio is always the most difficult for me to do, I am just not big on cardio but it is immersely important and I pretty much have to learn to enjoy it for me to actually stick with it. It’s about time I get into cardio more. It’s important.
- I will do yoga at least twice a month. I would say once a week but I have made that resolution before for some of my monthly goals and I fell through most times. I’ll be more realistic this time. Twice a month is totally do-able. And I need yoga in my life. I haven’t done it in a few months and my body is totally craving it.
- I will try CrossFit sometime in the new year.
- I will go swimming sometime in the new year.
- I will go boxing again sometime in the next 3 months. (I miss it!)
To go along with the new years resolutions around fitness, I’d like to talk about hh gregg and their newest Facebook promotion.
New Year’s Solution! Get Healthy & Win Big!
hh gregg has a ton of fitness equipment available for purchase on their website and in store. Man, how awesome would it be to have enough room in my apartment or home for my very own fitness equipment? It would be so awesome.. I would get a treadmill, that’s a number one. The website has a ton of those and I definitely would have to do my research well before buying if it came down to it, but I’m pretty sure they are all better than the treadmills we have in my building’s gym – those are so old! It’s bad. Second, I would definitely get an elliptical. I love using ellipticals as a steady cardio while reading a book or listening to an audiobook or better yet, watching TV! It makes the time go by so quickly.
For workouts without intense equipment, something on my list has been a heart rate monitor, which I’m hoping to get soon! The website has a ton of Polars to choose from and you can win some in their promotion I’m going to talk about in a bit. Then of course there are the other fitness accessories, such as resistance bands (which are awesome – they look cute but are deadly! I have two), balance balls, and other fun fitness stuff. It’s worth checking out. I mean, you have a ton of options to choose from. What, oh what, will you get with your giftcard if you’re the winner? Oh, I totally just spoiled what the giveaway consists of. Oops 😉
If you enjoy fitness or want to learn to enjoy fitness, some of the fitness-related prizes hh gregg is giving away in their campaign may spark your interest! The campaign starts today and goes until January 7th. You can register to win at http://www.hhgregg.com/fitness or their Facebook page! Be sure to engage with them on Twitter as well @hhgregg using the hashtag #BeTheTurkey or #hhgfitness
I bet you wanna hear more about the prizes.. well, there are over $20,000 in prizes. You can enter daily for your chance to win a Grand Prize package from Life Fitness & Polar and one of the daily prizes. Sponsors for the promotion are Life Fitness, Polar, Horizon Fitness, AFG, Spri and Gaiam. So yes, the prizes will include treadmills and a polar and many many more cool fitness stuff! So you should definitely enter!
Aside from the wonderful prize-filled campaign that’s going on at hh gregg Facebook page, I have a giveway for you guys…
now you also have a chance to win a $100 gift card to hh gregg that you can use on anything you want in the store! Yes, this is one awesome post, full of surprises today huh? Enter using the rafflecopter widget below:
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own;
Winner: Jennifer from Peanut Butter & Peppers! Congrats!!