Whew. I think I burnt myself out a bit after my extensive blogging week a week and a half ago. I was excited to be done with school and my mind was bursting with ideas – all I wanted to do was blog! Yay! But… Well I think I’ve hit a bit of a wall lately.
Because I don’t want to keep you hanging, I’m sharing 5 recent things from the life of Kammie so you know what’s going on! 🙂
PS. The enrollment for Social Academy for bloggers is currently open so don’t miss out and get your IN! Take your blog to the next level and learn amazing tips and tricks like I did while being in an amazingly helpful community of fellow bloggers. Learn more here.
1. I started at a new internship this past Monday. It’s a full time advertising internship and I was selected out of a lot of participants (based on a submission they had us do) to fill one Strategy opening! Woot!
This is very new to me because my previous jobs were not a full-time 9-5 kind of thing. Wow, man – I’m now realizing how long of a time that is. But I really like it here and I absolutely love the culture – everyone is very nice, helpful, and down to earth. The atmosphere is casual and friendly. Plus I love being the only intern in this department because it means I get to interact with mostly employees, not other interns. Gotta network, ya know!
I’ve been doing a ton of research lately and putting together decks with insights I find. I’m surprised to find that I’m actually enjoying it – when I was in school, I really disliked doing research but now that this is the stuff that actually matters and can make an impact in a REAL case study and implementation of strategy for a REAL client, I see it differently. It’s pretty cool.
2. I realized how much I dislike crunchy peanut butter until I bought one by accident this week. I’ve never actually had crunchy peanut butter before, and I don’t count Nuttzo because I actually really like that one, but I’ve always craved nut butter because of the texture and consistency. I find crunchy peanut butter to be too…. peanutty. Does that even make sense? I don’t know. But if I’m looking to add texture, I add granola – not PB.
So yeah, creamy 100%. Seems like most of you guys agree based on your responses as well.
3. After months of not checking my old favorite music blogs, Stereogum and Gorilla vs Bear, I downloaded their recent monthly mixes and it’s all I’ve been listening for the past 2 weeks. So. Good. Here are two current favorites:
4. It was bike to work week this week in Chicago!
I kept putting off riding my bike to work. I finally decided on doing it on Wednesday but when I walked downstairs to get the bike I noticed that a bird had shat right on the seat and I didn’t have anything to wipe it with nor did I have the time to. Sigh. I finally rode the bike today, because Thursday we had a happy hour and this girl was not gonna ride the bicycle tipsy. I love my public transit for that!
5. Is it just me or is it that the more sugar you eat the more you crave it? I don’t mean actual sugar but in general sweet foods. I have been craving frozen yogurt lately like crazy and I don’t wanna keep spending 5 bucks on getting it from a shop so I bought some Yoplait Greek Yogurt from a grocery store. It is surprisingly really tasty although the ingredient list is not that good. This brings me to a bonus point – I realized I have not had real ice cream in over 2 years! My new apartment is really close to an Oberweiss though and I am tempted….
Okay an extra bonus point is that I need to get more veggies in my life. I’ve been thinking about getting a NutriBullet because I can’t afford a juicer.
Or maybe a new blender that would be better than my Oster… decisions decisions.
Kammie wants to know:
- Do you usually eat ice cream or frozen yogurt?
- Do you prefer crunchy or creamy nut butter?
- What blender/juicer/thing do you use for veggie smoothies/juices?
Let me know in the comments below!
Last Updated on March 28, 2019