I did this post a while back when I first started my blog but I decided to do it again since Irina nominated me. I haven’t said much about me as a person in a while and I think it’d be cool to share some fun facts with those of you who haven’t seen my old Liebster post. So here goes! Thanks Irina for nominating me, you rock! You are totally someone I would nominate too but I guess I can’t now, smh. haha
Here’s What You Must Do:
~ Write 11 random facts about yourself.
~ Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
~ Create 11 new questions.
~ Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
~ Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts:
1. I have never broken any bones. Thankfully. But I have sprained my ankles numerous times. The first time was when I randomly fell down the stairs. I don’t know why I did, it was seriously just me being clumzy. It was only a couple of steps too but I still maaged to sprain my ankle. The other times were even more embarrassing: I would sprain it randomly while walking. Not running… walking. Straight path. My ankle would just randomly decide to give out and move awkwardly and BAM – it’s sprained.
2. I am a klutz. Spilling water, dropping things, breaking things – not an unusual occurrence for me. I tend to spill water on myself whilst drinking quite frequently. I don’t know if I’m just so thirsty each time that I take gulps that are too big or what, but it’s not uncommon for me to have spilled on myself. Thank God I don’t drink anything but water huh? That would be unfortunate for my clothes.
3. I went through a scene hair phase. Okay scratch that, I am still in it. But in high school, I went wild with the hair, I make it all kinds of funky ways – I wore hair extensions (which messed my hair up terribly) and bleached my hair (which messed my hair up even further). Now I’m sticking to keeping my hair dark red. And I like it.
4. I used to wish I could wear colored contacts because I disliked my eyes when I was younger. I think it was just that teen angst phase because my eyes are my favorite part of me now since they change colors and all. People often ask me whether I wear colored contacts. So after getting numerous compliments on them, I decided it’s time to start liking and appreciating my eyes.
5. I pierced my belly button when I was a freshman in high school. It was a spontaneous thing. It happened in my high school’s bathroom after school. A girl I knew has been piercing her friend’s for free and she offered. Since I had been thinking about getting it done anyway, I just went for it. My parents were not happy but they got over it. Word of caution: do NOT get your belly button pierced by a non-professional. Mine got infected. Now there’s a scar by the hole and it’s crooked. Sigh. Oh well.
6. I used to be obsessed with anime and manga as a kid. I was one of like 3 kids in my town that liked it. It was not common. But I just loved it, I would draw characters and come up with my own story lines and comics. It all started with Sailor Moon…
8. I have family all over the world: here, Poland, Brussels, England, Germany. So we don’t really ever get to see each other much anymore since we are all so scattered.
9. I will graduate college this May with two bachelor’s degrees: Integrated Marketing Communications and Psychology! Woo!
10. I love photography and all things creative. My favorite photography is fine art conceptual/surrealist. I am currently doing a 365 project on creative photography if you’d like to check that out, I post about it on my photography Facebook page.
11. I used to hate beer but now I love beer. Craft beer only though and I prefer stouts.
Questions from Irina:
1.) What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
This is embarrassing… I wanted to make popcorn. So I put the bag in the microwave and I totally forgot we have the “popcorn” button on there and I turned it on for about 3 minutes regular. I turned around and I was talking to my friend. All of the sudden she goes “oh my God, Kammie, turn it off!” I look around and there is SMOKE coming from the microwave! The whole house filled up with smoke of burnt popcorn. Yeah. That was me in high school. Totally incompetent in the kitchen.
2.) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I used to have a lot of different favorite names but I stopped thinking about that a long time ago. I am not a big fan of my name but I guess there’s no point in wishing it was different. My confirmation name is Sabrina though cause I liked that one. Sometimes when random guys ask me my name at a bar and I don’t want to tell them my real name, I tell them my name is Brandy. I don’t know why. I don’t drink brandy or anything. I guess I just like the name.
3.) What’s your favorite store to shop at?
For food – Trader Joe’s. For clothes, it’d probably be a tie between Zara, Akira, and good ol’ Macy’s.
4.) What would you do if you won the lottery and had unlimited money?
Oh man, well first I would buy myself all of the equipment I need to create a booming photography business – all the studio equipment, lighting, cameras, etc. I would get myself a bomb ass condo downtown Chicago (or maybe move someplace else? Who knows) and I would travel to the different locations I’ve always wanted to travel to: Japan, Australia, Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.
5.) What’s your favorite kitchen utensil/gadget?
That would either be my blender or my George Foreman lean mean grilling machine.
6.) What was the last vacation you took?
7.) What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?
I read a lot of great books in the past year and you can see them in my Books section of the blog. My favorite though was probably “The Adults” by Alison Espach, which I still have to write a review about. Oops.
8.) What is your favorite beauty product? Share your secrets!
I love the Bare Minerals foundation, I’ve found that it really makes my face look fresh and
9.) What is your dream job?
I don’t know. I’d love to be a celebrity photographer or the photographer who takes pictures for various movie posters and stuff. That would be cool and would probably pay handsomely.
10.) If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
Probably flying. I used to think I’d like to know what people are thinking but I don’t really care for that one anymore, it would be too hurtful at some points. And then I used to want teleportation but now I think that’s a pretty lazy superpower. I’d rather fly, get some exercise in and fun while I’m travelling above the cities. Yes, I have given this considerable thought before. lol
11.) Quick – what are the three most important things in your life? List them off without thinking!
Happiness, love, success
My 11 Questions:
- What was your favorite class in high school?
- If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would you eat?
- What’s the number 1 place you’d like to visit?
- Cats or dogs?
- Favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday?
- Favorite movie of ALL time?
- Favorite band / music artist during childhood?
- When did you start your journey in the kitchen?
- If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- What kind of climate do you wish you could live in?
- If you could transform into any animal, what would you pick?
Now it’s your turn, I wanna get to know YOU better!
Answer any or all of the questions I asked, in the comments! 🙂