The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of the Cherry Marketing Institute. #RecoverwithRed
I recently talked about why tart cherries are so freaking awesome (plus a yummy recipe using both tart cherry concentrate AND dried tart cherries – so darn good)
I talked about the 7-Day Tart Cherry Juice Challenge and the research around it:
- Tart cherry juice not only helps with your post-workout recovery; it’s also a fantastic pre-workout drink and has been used by many athletes as part of their routine. (source)
- It decreases soreness because the tart Montmorency cherries help with inflammation, muscle damage, and oxidative stress.
- It’s easy to add to your routine- all you need is two 8-oz servings of tart cherry juice per day, which is equivalent to 100 Montmorency cherries! (source)
The Challenge came at a perfect time because I hadn’t worked out in a while before then and it was time to get back on the grind!
I went to a bootcamp class on Wednesday morning and… oh man. I was sore within an hour! It was intense. But it hurt so good….
Needless to say I was sore for like 4 days after that, following another extra bootcamp class that Friday morning and some yoga and jogs in between.
Good to be back.
The tart cherries were there at the perfect time to assist with my recovery.
I was drinking the tart cherry juice by itself and I really love the flavor of it – maybe it’s just me but I really absolutely love the tart tang and I think it’s absolutely sweet enough naturally as it is.
I also definitely noticed that my soreness seemed to subside sooner than expected. Sure, I was extremely sore the first two days (as expected) but it was more manageable each day after the next. Being able to do a bootcamp class only two days after the first one, even though I felt super sore, might be a good example of that.
But, I wanted to use the tart cherry juice to create something new! I realized I hadn’t created any new protein shake recipes in a while and this is the perfect place for me to use tart cherry juice?
I took out my vegan chocolate protein powder and started to experiment. I’ve never actually used juice as a liquid for a protein powder so I wasn’t sure how it would come out, but I was happy with the result!
Wanna take the challenge yourself? Check out the details:
You can follow Choose Cherries here:
- Website: http://www.choosecherries.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChooseCherries
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChooseCherries
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/choosecherries/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/choosecherries
Sensual Appeal Blog may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.