Hey guys! I thought I would share with you today what vitamins I take on a frequent basis. People are often curious (I know I am) of what vitamins people take and what each vitamin does… what’s the point of taking vitamins, or what are some good brands of vitamins that could be recommended. Well the brands and vitamins I will mention here are my go-to brands. Sometimes I stray and try a different brand, but these are the ones I have right now and I am happy with all.
From left to right:
- 5-HTP 100mg by Natrol: I do not take these every day. I take these probably once a week or so, whenever I feel like my mood isn’t up to par or when I feel unmotivated or when I slept too much. These pills are plant-derived amino acids which release serotonin in the brain. They fight off the blues naturally as well as help keep a positive outlook. Also, they help you sleep better and control your cravings. Be careful though, having a lot of serotonin in the brain also slightly decreases sex drive. So make sure you know when to take it.
- Super B-Complex by Nature Made: B complex helps convert food into energy instead of being stored as fat. Super B-Complex Includes: Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin(Vitamin B3). It also balances and helps cardiovascular and nervous systems stay balanced. I take it everyday after eating. Be careful, this vitamin turns your pee super neon yellow. So don’t freak out haha. (TMI?)
- Garlic Heart Care Formula by Nutrilite – In Poland, we use garlic as away to fight off sickness such as the flu, the cold, and others. This is why my mom got me these garlic pills. However, in addition to our Polish traditional uses, this formula also helps support the overall cardiovascular health. Although the packaging says there should be no breath odor coming from the stomach, this isn’t entirely true. It’s weird though, because you don’t start feeling (or rather, smelling) it until many hours later. I don’t know if any other brands are just even more intense with the breath odor thing, maybe this one just has it minimized more than other companies’ formulas have. This is the only brand I have used this formula so I wouldn’t know. Also, I take this once in a while, when I feel like I might be getting sick or just when I feel weaker and want to help my body out.
- Vitamin C Complex by Trader Joe’s – I got this when I was sick and needed to load up on vitamin C. I take it whenever I feel myself getting sick or need the extra immunity boost. Nothing to write home about but the product is cheap.
- Probiotics Defense by Healthy Pulse Anna – probiotics are wonderful things which help regulate your digestive system and increase digestion. There are also some studies done which show that probiotics also help control ADD, lower cholesterol, and treat many other diseases. Read more about probiotics on my post about the benefits of kefir. I take these every day before breakfast. Caution, these must be stored in the fridge.
- Fish Oil by Barlean’s – This is the only fish oil brand I have used that doesn’t have a fishy aftertaste or breath odor. It has an orange flavor (although I never bit into it so I wouldn’t know). But fact is, there is no fish smell or taste at all. I love it. The benefits of fish oil are huge and these should be taken by everyone. It supports the physical and mental health and is recommended to be taken in order to maintain healthy and proper brain functioning. It can also can also help support healthy joint mobility and bone density; healthy cholesterol levels; mental health, wellness, and acuity; healthy blood glucose levels; sexual and hormonal health; and skin, hair, nail, and eye health. It may also improve energy and endurance levels. So yeah, moral of the story – TAKE FISH OIL! I take it every day.
- GABA by Swanson – I don’t take this very often. It’s another amino acid which helps you relax, calms your muscles, and makes you less tense. I’ve only taken it twice and both times it has worked pretty well. Nothing extreme of course, as this isn’t a drug, it’s just amino acids.
Hope this write up helped some of you curious of what vitamins to take 🙂 If you’re curious as the where to buy vitamins and other health-related stuff online, I use Vitacost cause they seem to have the lowest prices. You can sign up through here and receive $10 credit upon registration 🙂
Some vitamins I have also taken in the past but are not currently on my desk are: Calcium chews (for healthy bones) and Beta-carotene (to improve immunity and tan easier).
Kammie wants to know:
What’s are some vitamins you take daily?
Do you think any vitamin supplements are unnecessary to take?
Let me know in the comments below!
Sensual Appeal Blog may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.