White tea benefits are just amazing – Uncle Lea’s organic white tea is one of my all-time favorite types of teas. You can get a great deal on it by ordering here. The health benefits of white tea are mentioned below, keep reading!
Two months ago, I received an awesome package from a fellow blogger and one of it’s contents was this wonderful blueberry white tea. As I mentioned, it was my first time trying white tea and I actually wasn’t too aware of white tea benefits, although I knew there are many. I’ve been meaning to make a blog post about it and I’m actually surprised it took me this long to do it. I did research on it when I got it and I totally thought I already made a post about it but I guess I didn’t. Better late than never though, right?
Before doing research, I knew white tea is one of the rarer and more expensive teas out there. It has vast health benefits and is naturally lower in caffeine. It is also the least processed of all teas and has the highest antioxidant levels. Some call it the “Supreme Drink of Health.”
White tea is made from immature tea leaves that are picked shortly before the buds have fully opened. The tea takes its name from the silver fuzz that still covers the buds, which turns white when the tea is dried. The brew has a light, delicate, slightly sweet flavor that sharpens the senses without overwhelming the tongue.It has less caffeine than black or green tea, and far less than coffee, making it an excellent choice for those wishing to reduce caffeine.
White tea has many health benefits due to its high antioxidant count. Some of the health benefits of white tea include:
- Cancer prevention – White tea may have profound power against cancer-causing cells and against many different types of cancer. Some studies have shown that Flavonoids, a class of antioxidants, inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent the development of new ones. In some cases, white tea has been found to work as well as prescription drugs, but without the side effects.
- Lower blood pressure – Studies show that white tea can thin the blood and improve artery function. It helps lower high blood pressure and maintain a healthy one. By promoting strong and healthy blood vessels, white tea guards against the ravages of stroke.
- Lower cholesterol – Catechins, another group of antioxidants, have been found to reduce cholesterol, and white tea is teeming with them. White tea increases the good cholesterol while decreasing the bad. This helps prevent hardening of the arteries and blockage of blood flow.
- Heart Protection – By thinning the blood, lowering blood pressure, and reducing cholesterol, white tea protects the heart and the entire circulatory system. Researchers have also discovered that people who drink 2 or more cups of tea a day are almost 50% less likely to die after suffering a heart attack. White tea is truly a remarkable heart tonic.
- Stronger Bones – Studies have found that people who drank tea regularly had greater bone density and strength than non-drinkers. White tea may also have beneficial effects for sufferers of arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Antibacterial and Antiviral – White tea is a natural killer of bacteria and viruses. The antioxidants so abundant in white tea strengthen the entire immune system, providing protection against a variety of invaders and a wide range of diseases, causing you to not get sick as easily as you would otherwise. Its helps guard against the common cold and flu, and can ease the symptoms of HIV.
- Healthy Teeth and Gums – White tea contains small amounts of fluoride and other nutrients which keeps the teeth strong and healthy. It also kills the bacteria which causes plaque, tooth decay, and bad breath.
- Healthy Skin – Free radicals from staying out in the sun too long, stress, and a poor diet can damage the skin and cause it to prematurely age. By scavenging these free radicals, white tea protects the skin and helps to reverse some of the damage. Drinking white tea promotes healthy and radiant skin.White tea also aids in preventing acne. Acne buildup usually occurs due to the high amount of toxins that keep accumulating in the body. Antioxidants in white tea help eliminate excess toxins and keep your skin clear from acne related lesions.
- Weight Loss – White tea may aid in weight-loss. Studies suggest tea may increase metabolism and encourage the body to burn more fat. It might work even better than green tea in metabolism boosting properties.
White tea benefits are just too amazing to ignore. It may reduce blood sugar and help prevent and alleviate the symptoms of diabetes. It reduces stress and increases energy. Sounds like a wonderful addition to my tea collection indeed.
Questions for you:
- Have you ever had white tea before?
- What’s your favorite health benefit mentioned above?
Let me know in the comments below!
Last Updated on March 27, 2019